Supplies and Preparation
- Use pictures from magazines or photos of faces that emphasize smiling, eating, singing and talking.
- Use pictures of children in your classroom.
- Attach the pictures to card stock or heavy paper.
- Cut the pictures to make puzzles.
- For younger children, cut the pictures in half or into quarters. For older children, cut into more pieces and more complex patterns.
Prompt discussions about the important jobs for teeth while children put together the puzzles. Ask open-ended questions. For example: What do you notice about the children’s teeth in the pictures? In what ways are teeth helping them?