The Zoo Animals are Thirsty!
Supplies and Preparation
- Stuffed or plastic animals.
- Pretend animal foods (hay, fruits, vegetables).
- Water troughs or bowls, boxes or blocks for animal homes.
- Signs, tickets, play money, maps.
- Zookeeper hats and gloves.
Set up a zoo using stuffed or plastic animals. Children become the zookeepers who give the animals their food and water for the day.
Include zoo maps, signs of animal names, and signs that reinforce key messages such as “Water for Animals,” “No Sugar Allowed!”
Include tickets, money, and signs indicating the name of each animal. Have children help you make these items to create the dramatic play area.
Join children in dramatic play to reinforce and extend their ideas about healthy food and drink for animals.